By Denise Mann. All new parents make mistakes. Don’t believe it? Just think about your own parents. You will no doubt come up with a laundry list of things they did wrong.
The truth is no one is infallible — especially new parents. But if you know the 10 most common parenting mistakes, maybe you can keep from making them yourself. So here they are, along with tips to help you avoid making them
1. Panicking over anything and everything.
2. Not letting your infant cry it out.
3. Waking your baby up to breastfeed.
4. Confusing spit-up and vomit.
5. Not sweating a fever in a newborn.
6. Not properly installing the car seat.
7. Neglecting oral care.
8. Ignoring your marriage.
9. Fighting too much (or too little) in front of your baby.
10. Trusting unreliable sources for parenting advice.
Jennifer – don’t be so hard on yourself moms! During my first pregnancy, there were times when I was overwhelmed, even guilty when I felt like I didn’t know what was going on. Trust yourself. Ask friends. Read a book. In hindsight, some of the things I worried about seem trivial, but it certainly didn’t feel that way. You’ll be fine!